Monday, July 23, 2012

I have made myself a cup of mint tea and I am sitting in the brick colored arm chair that I have quietly claimed a mine. I sit in the corner and if I look out at only the lower windows I can see trees and I can imagine that they surround our apartment.
    Yesterday I did not write but I though about it through the day. I thought about writing and what I would say the thoughts that I would put down. The moments that I would record and how it would look afterwards.
   The moments that Isaac asked Nando and I to dance with him to Chris Rice's The Power of the Moment song. How Hannah got sooooo excited when she saw that it was bath time and she would play with Isaac her beloved brother! How I organized our closet and now I feel that I am almost out of the moving step, for now. We have a few boxes being shipped to Nando's grandma and they should come in next month!
     That brings me to the thought that we don't need all the stuff that we gather in our lives, that we have things that we cannot even love and then we get stressed out by our stuff. I like having things but from now on I want to make sure that I will be able to love and enjoy the things that we bring into our house. This is my life, not the life of my things.
     This morning Isaac got out his stacking boxes and built towers! The joy and excitment when we clapped for his was so sweet to watch. How do I capture these moments and keep them forever. Pictures don't keep the look in his eyes, the sound of his little hands clapping and the look of wonder and bewilderment on Hannah's face trying to understand the energy in the room!
      That makes me want to try and tell you how Hannah looks at me while nursing with the most trusting look that says," I love you mommy." I look that lets me know that I am her world and that I have the challenge and the joy of raising her and being a hero to her. She looks, smiles, and then her sleepy eyes slowly close and she goes back to nursing and napping!
       There are these moments in motherhood that make all the hard times worth it. I love being a mother I only strive to be better at it.
      I am reading two more Blogs now....Ann Vaskamp's and ColdAntlerfarm! 

     There are so many things that I could write about, Ireland, Clouds, Laundry, Cooking, The Daniel Fast, Playing with egg cartons, Colds,Civil War reenactments, Dreaming of huge trees, wearing slippers,and all the work that I need to get done! On that note I will have to write more later. Till later, remember to live in the power of the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment