Friday, July 27, 2012

The sun is coming through the clouds and it looks nice and inviting out but it is cold. That cold that makes your eyes water! On Wednesday when we were out it smelled like snow, you know when there is a strong cold and a smell of wood smoke all around you. There was no snow just cold weather though! I never thought it would be so cold in Brazil. So hard to imagine when all the other times I have been here is was boiling hot and humid like no other!
     Well, enough about the weather. My babies are sleeping and I love the quiet but I miss them. I am busy when they are awake and I have not time to write or sit still I watch the clock for nap time and then when it comes I lay them down and the quiet comes over the house, my ears strain to make sure that I am not missing any sounds that they may be making and I miss them. A sadness and a loneliness comes over me and I ache for there little sounds, for talking, running balls bouncing and building with blocks! The amazing beauty of motherhood.
     Hannah is happier this week. For the past month I was having a hard time with her, she was yelling whenever I was not holing her. Finally after getting frustrated with not being able to help her Nando said that I was not holding her in the sling as much as I did with Isaac.  I thought about it and found that he was right. So I began slinging her with me nearly all the time and she became much happier making the whole family happier! So good to have observant daddies!
     Yesterday Nando's parents took The littleones and I to one of the parks in town! There was a small pound with turtles and ducks which Isaac liked watching very much! Then while at the playground I met another mom very sweet and got her contacts so that we can meet up with our littleones and let them play together! Her English is very good making it a lot easier for me!
       Well, I have not mentioned that Nando and I have goon vegetarian during the week. We started the Daniel Diet both for spiritual and health benefits and found that we are feeling so good eating like this that we want to continue. Only bringing meat into the menu on Fridays and Shabbats! So we are happy and feeling very good! It is something between Vegetarian, Vegan and Real Food! Lots of veggies, Fruits, Whole grains, and beans. We have been juicing in the morning and generally eating a lot less I think that is a big key. Also the only sweetener that we are using is Honey so that is great! It also takes our grocery bill way down which is very helpful since food is so expensive here!
     Well, I thought that I would have more interesting news to write about but this is it for now. I have some research to catch up on while I finish my tea then off to prepare for Shabbat!
    Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment